In Science, we are getting ready to set up a classroom aquarium.
To prepare for this new addition to our room, the students have learned:
- how important water is to animals, plants, and humans.
- how to locate water on maps and globes.
- about different types of water environments (oceans and ponds).
- which animals live in and around ponds.
- what fish need to survive.
- the parts of a fish and how to label them like a scientist.
- what snails need to survive.
- the parts of a snail.
The students worked in cooperative groups to draw and label pond life. It was such a pleasure to watch them work together - brainstorming, problem solving, and using their new science vocabulary.
Check out their ponds:
The students also drew what they thought should go into our aquarium in their science notebooks.
Check back soon to see what we put into our aquarium!