Friday, April 26, 2013

Five For Friday!

I am linking up with one of my favorite bloggers to share 5 things about my week. :)


It is has been a super busy, super fun week. 

Here are 5 fun things that happened:

1. My students performed in their Spring Musical. They were absolutely adorable and I am SO PROUD of them!! 
Check it out HERE


2. I had a HUGE surprise while teaching this week. On Thursday my class and I were surprised with a camera crew letting me know several of my parents had written letters to award me "Teacher of the Week" through a radio station - Warm 98. The students were BEYOND excited - especially about getting t-shirts and a pizza party! : )  I was so overwhelmed to be honored for something that I LOVE to do. THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this day so special for me and my students!




Click the pic below for a link to the story...
(be prepared to watch me cry!)


3. I found this great book that my class went NUTS over! I think I will host a giveaway next week for it - it is wonderful!


4. I had a fun week with my children including a lot of cooking with my daughter...


and baseball games with my son. 


5. I signed up for a Phonics Dance workshop for this summer. I would really love to hear more about it from other teachers who use it. Anyone? : )


Join the fun and link up...

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow that's so sweet that your students and parents organised that! Congratulations on being teacher of the week! I just found your blog through this linky and am your latest follower :)

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to check out the book you found, Being Frank!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being Teacher of the Week! How fun! Already went and checked out Being Frank and it's on my Amazon wishlist! Thanks for sharing!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations. Your video made me want to cry! You can tell that you love those children and being a teacher. I can't wait to go check out Being Frank.

    Paula

    P.S. Your daughter is too cute!

    ReplyDelete