Sunday, February 7, 2016

Alliteration Celebration

My students have been working hard in writer's workshop throughout our Alliterations Unit. 

We work on many things during this unit:

building vocabulary
studying mentor texts
writing with a purpose
letter names and sounds
beginning sound fluency
stretching (beginning, middle, and ending) sounds in words as we write
phonics
capitalization
spaces
punctuation
publishing

and my favorite...
viewing writing as FUN!!!


You can read more about this super fun, engaging unit here


Check out some of our work:











On Friday we were ready to celebrate all of our hard work so I held an alliteration celebration.

I asked each student to bring in a small trinket or snack that begins with the same sound as their name. 







I gave each student a personalized alliteration, and gave them buckets to collect their goodies, and two R items (for Rider)... 
rulers and rings. 



As I would read each one the room was filled with giggles... 

and applause for each student's hard work. 

The joy on my students' faces was priceless!!

Check out the highlights from our celebration:
Click to play this Smilebox collage











Check out my Alliterations pack here:







No comments:

Post a Comment