Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Having a Hoot with my Owl Theme!!



UPDATE!!!
AUGUST 11th, 2013
You can read PART 2 of these post here:

and my new owl accents here:



From August, 2011...
Check out some of the fun things I am doing with an owl theme in my classroom this year. 


Look Whoooooooo's in Mrs. Rider's Room. 

Each child's picture or self portrait will go here. I downloaded the adorable owls for free here





Daily 5 book boxes
students will decorate the sides 

Leveled book bins


For lunch choices/student grouping


Whooooooo's the Wise Owl today?
Each day we will have a Wise Owl. That student will be in charge of ALL classroom jobs: line leader, teacher helper, weather reporter, etc. 

We will use this chart to keep track who gets this very special role each day.




The Wise Owl gets to sit in this SUPER COMFY chair during Group and Read to Self time. 




They also get to chose one of these owls to sit on their desk so everyone knows they are the Wise Owl of the day. 



My son, Scott, and I made these together:


We will add a class picture to this one and hang it by our door.

I am giving each child an owl welcome card.



A peek at the inside:



There are a TON of great owl art activities on Pinterest that I plan on using. 
Check out my "Owl Love" board by clicking on this adorable little hoot:



I am planning on making this for my end of the year gift for students:



I bet you'll never guess what my new blog design will include! :)

HOOT! HOOT! 

What is your theme this year?

UPDATE!!! August 11, 2013
Check out my NEW Owl Accents by clicking 
here!


11 comments:

  1. I *love* your owl stuff! I also have lots of owls in my room, though my theme is more of a forest theme. I will have pictures soon! :)
    ~Samantha
    Kindergarten Creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this owl stuff, so fun! I am also doing a "Woodland Welcome" this year. I have some fun owl stuff too! Plus a dancing singing gopher! :)
    www.2care2teach4kids.com
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to do a theme classroom for the first time and I chose owls. I got many wonderful ideas from your post, thanks so much. Where did you find the owls you used for lunch choices and your book boxes?

    Jennyfer
    www.teachinginthecouv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love all the owl things and the colors are so visually pleasing. How fun! I'm a new follower of your blog. I can't wait to dig deeper into your posts. :)

    Blessings,
    ✿Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!

    THANK YOU for your kind words! I can't wait to see pictures of the owls in your classrooms! : ) I purchased owl clipart through Etsy (Dennis Graphic Design was the seller). It was very reasonable and I have made several things from just 1 set!

    Hope you have a "hoot" with your class this year!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the ideas! I'm thinking about changing my classroom theme to owls, and your ideas are adorable. Thank you so much for sharing!

    http://acolwell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing! I am also going with an owl theme this year. This is my second year of teaching and I didn't exactly have a theme last year, since I was hired THE DAY BEFORE school started! Haha! Anyways, I appreciate you sharing your ideas and where you got the free resources! I look forward to using them in my room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. where did you get you Owls to place on the Wise Owl of the Day's Desk- SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I love your owls. I have an owl theme in my class too, and the funny thing is it all happend kind of by accident. I bought an owl themed bulletin board about classwork management, and I happened to have to stuffed owls at home and a bobble-head owl. So I though, hey I will take these to school to go with my owls, and tada! I have been adding owls ever since.

    Christina Acevedo
    5th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you find the owl stuffed animals?

    ReplyDelete